“One of the most important distinguishing characteristics of a great leader is humility. And humility is what you need to be able to learn from people who are below you.”
- David Lapin, CEO of Lapin International
Discussing Leadership and the Nonprofit Sector
In this episode of our podcast, Groupthinkers, Justin McCord sits down with scholar, consultant, advisor, rabbi, and leadership expert, David Lapin. David literally wrote the book on leadership, Lead by Greatness, and his life’s work is dedicated to helping thousands of leaders and organizations distinguish themselves and elevate performance at every level.
Listen as McCord and Lapin discuss:
- Eight characteristics of an effective leader. Spoiler alert: One characteristic is in the quote above.
- The big failure of sales and marketing.
- Three challenges of leadership.
- The role generosity plays within the core of every business.
It takes a lot to be known as a great leader; it takes even more to become an inspiring leader. For additional information and thoughts on leadership from David Lapin and Lapin International, check out their Leadership Blog.